National Honor Society
Back Row: Collin, Braden, Clayton, Matthew, Mrs. Knuth, Gavin, Joel & Tyler
Middle Row: Johanna, Jocelyn, Allyson, Madison, Elizabeth, & Kali
Front Row: Kennedy, Aleah, Kate, Hannah, Kodie, & Alisha
Food Drive 2020:
NHS Selection Process
Selection takes place twice a year, fall and spring.
- Juniors and Seniors who have a GPA of 3.50 or above and no conduct code violations within the previous 6 months are given invitations to join. This is the criterion for scholarship.
- Invited students request and fill out an application form and turn in to the NHS sponsor by the stated deadline.
- Names of students who have returned applications are put on a list for teachers to rate on a scale of 1-4 on the 3 remaining qualities of NHS; service, leadership and character.
- A selection committee of 5 teachers receives an average of the scores, GPA, class standing and the applications to read and discuss.
- Each member votes separately for students he/she thinks would meet the NHS criteria. No limit is set on how many each can vote for.
- All applicants who receive 3/5 votes or more are inducted into membership.
- Students are welcomed into NHS during the school day and inducted at the fall potluck.
- The same as in the fall except:
- Induction takes place at Honors Night in May. Students do not know in advance if they will be inducted.
- Sophomores with a GPA of 3.75 or above, with no conduct code violation within the past 6 months are also invited to apply.